Homemade Yogurt Popcicles
This recipe is super simple. It’s a great alternative to ice cream. I like to give these to my toddler because I can control the ingredients and the sugar.
- Whole milk yogurt – plain (Stonyfield Organic is our choice)
- Pureed fruit or fruit/veggie blend
- Honey (optional)
- Popcicle molds
1. Prepare a fruit puree (see my previous posts for suggestions) or use a preprepared baby food pouch.
2. Spoon 1/2 Cup of plain yogurt into a bowl.
3. Add fruit puree to yogurt. Add as much as you like -to taste. I normally use 1/4 cup, but have used as much as 1/2 Cup.
4. Add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of honey, depending on the sweetness of your fruit.
5. Spoon into popcicle molds and freeze.
- Strawberry, blueberry, and blackberry
- Peach and banana
- Cherry and strawberry
- Peach and mango
Favorite popcicle molds:
These are fun shaped silicone molds. Silicone molds make them very easy to come out (even without running under water). I really like these molds for toddlers and small children because they are much smaller than standard sized popcicles.
Zoku individual popcicle molds (Amazon)